These are just some of the chemicals found in hair dyes that can be harmful to you. This list includes PPD, Resorcinol, and Ammonia. Contact Your Grooming Guru to have your hair dyed with safe organic color!
Paraphenylenediamine is a chemical substance that is widely and traditionally used as a permanent hair dye. People who are highly allergic to PPD have not been able to dye their hair with traditional hair color.
• Known as a possible carcinogen
• Allergies to PPD are common and reactions include dermatitis, reddening and swelling of the scalp and face.
• In some severe allergy cases the eyelids may completely close and can result in contact urticaria and anaphylaxis.
Used as a coloring agent and is also commonly found in topical acne treatments.
• Suspected to be an endocrine toxicity hazard
• Suspected to be a human immune system toxicant
• Suspected to be toxic to wildlife and the environment
A chemical that swells the hair cuticle so that color can be absorbed all the way through the hair.
• Unpleasant odor
• Many people become allergic due to exposure and suffer from itchy scalps and watery/red eyes while getting their hair colored.